Balsamic Strawberries with Rocket and Whipped Goats Cheese
- 1 kg strawberries (Janefield Hydroponics)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10cm sprig of thyme
- 1 block goats cheese (Goat Island Dairy)
- 1 cup rocket (Janefield Hydroponics)
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stems.
- Cut into quarters, lengthways
- Place in a bowl with the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and thyme. Set aside.
- Place goat’s cheese in a bowl and beat with an egg beater until smooth.
- Spread the goats cheese on the base of a plate.
- Top with the rocket, them pile the strawberries on top.
- Finally, season with a light dusting of fresh ground pepper (less is more)