Bread and Butter Cucumbers
- 1 large cucumber (Wairuna Organics)
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- Cut the cucumber into the desired shape – rounds, cubes, or sticks, and place in a bowl with the sea salt. Cover and leave overnight.
- The next morning, rinse off the salt and brine with cold water and drain.
- Heat the vinegar, sugar, and seeds on a medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the cucumber into a jar and cover with the warm liquid, and put on the lid.
- Place in the fridge right away or allow to sit at room temperature for a few days before transferring to the fridge.