45g grated Ruby Bay cheese (Evansdale Cheese)
1 pinch each cayenne powder and mustard powder
1 egg (Agreeable Nature)
4 tsp baking powder
½ cup grated Ruby Bay cheese (Evansdale Cheese)
½ cup parsley chopped
¼ onion cut very finely
Pre-heat oven 220C.
- Melt the butter and then remove from heat.
- Add the cheese, dry ingredients and mix then beat the egg and add it.
- Place in a bowl of cold water to cool it.
- Cut butter and cheese into flour and baking powder using a food processor (or grate the cheese and rub in the butter by hand).
- Put above into a bowl and add onion and parsley and mix.
- Make a well and pour in milk, start with the lesser amount and add more only if needed.
- Cut milk in using a blunt knife.
- Only just mix it until no dry flour is visible.
- Tip out onto a floured board.
- Press into a square and spread the cooled topping over.
- Cut into 8~12 squares.
- Cook for about 12~14 minutes ,on a rack near the top of the oven (but check from eight minutes on).
If you would like to download a printable version of this recipe, please click here