Mushroom and Walnut Cos Cups with Chipotle Sauce
- 1 onion – peeled and diced
- 4 cloves of garlic - peeled and crushed
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon each salt and cracked black pepper
- 170g oyster mushrooms (Coastal Kaps)
- ½ cup of walnut pieces
- 1 head coz lettuce (Janefield Hydroponics)
- 1 jar Chipotle Sauce (Straight Up Vegan)
- Cook onion, garlic, fresh thyme leaves, salt and pepper in the coconut oil in a fry pan on a low heat until transparent.
- Dice mushrooms into small cubes and add to the pan. Increase the pan to medium heat.
- Add in the soy sauce and walnut pieces and cook until the mushrooms are tender and the soy sauce has been absorbed.
- Break the cos leaves off the head and fill with the mushroom filling.
- Drizzle with the chipotle sauce.