We are super excited to be hosting our 4th annual Harvest Celebration!!
When - May 11th
Where - Northern Car park at the Farmers Market
- Juicing Apples - bring your own apples or buy some from a vendor and watch our european, hand made apple press turn them into sweet nectar to take home. Bring clean jars and bottles with lids.
- Vendor costume party - have a giggle at the creations that our vendors come to light with!
- Marvelous Marrows - get creative with the time honoured marrow and bring your creation along to the market on the day to be judged. Carve 'em, decorate 'em, make furniture out of them - we don't care but we will judge'em at 11am and the prizes will be worth your effort!
- For the kids - animal, vegetable creations - enjoy creating a tableau or a one off favourite animal out of vegetables and /or fruit. Toothpicks are useful and you and your kids will have lots of fun playing around with the concept. Bring your masterpieces to the market to be showcased, both on the day and later in our newsletter and social media pages.
- Community groups galore, from screen printing reusable bags, to heirloom fruit trees to what happens to all the coffee cups and compostables we collect at the market. Loads of information sharing about our local food scene and waste minimization here in Dunedin.
- Music! - Melissa and the Dr (https://www.facebook.com/MelAndTheDr/) are performing from 10am with Terry Ebeling creating a mellow sound from 8am.
- Market Kitchen burgeoning with autumnal, harvest type food offerings. Ever had hot, spiced apple juice straight from the apple press? or pumpkin bread with apple butter? well you are in for some healthy, delicious, warming taste treats.
Put the date in your diary and be sure to get involved! Spread the word and show off our award winning market to some new comers!
See You there or be Square .. hey that's a thought, line dancing ....
New this week
leeks, cauliflower, celery, Crisp n Crunchy Eve, Aztec & Pacific Queen apples
Also Ballerat cooking apples
Supasweet sweetcorn, Luisa plums, lots of fresh crunchy apples & pears
parsnips, broccoli, Brightlights silverbeet, red jalapenos, coloured peppers, potatoes, parsley & capsicums, coloured carrots, daikon, tomatoes, garlic, kale, Cavolo Nero, red cabbage, courgettes, red chillies, green cabbage, cherry tomatoes, carrots, 3 types of beetroot, spinach, elephant garlic, shallots, silverbeet, walnuts, Bushfire squash & grey pumpkin
crunchy Royal Gala & Sweetlady, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Kidds Orange Red, Cox’s Orange
Taylors Gold, beurre Bosc, Beurre Hardy, Honey pears
Doyenne du Comice, Ice Cream Pears, Bon Cretien & Star Crimson pears & quince
Check out our “clip on” reusable shopping bags only $2 each!
Clip them onto your purse, jeans, key ring ??? Lots of fab designs
Or calico tote & paper carry bags for sale also
Super special’s this week
kale, “Supersweet” sweetcorn, Luisa plums, red & yellow peppers and red jalapeno chillies
On your right at the main gate, or
Rapid 5104, State Highway 8, Ettrick.
Central Otago. 03 446 6863
Follow us on Instagram & Facebook