Quinoa Salad with Roasted Carrots and Coriander
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable stock
- 6 carrots (Wairuna Organics)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- ¼ cup finely sliced coriander (Wairuna Organics)
- Cover the quinoa in cold water and soak for at least an hour.
- Drain in a sieve and rinse thoroughly
- Add the quinoa to the vegetable stock, or water, and cook on medium heat until the liquid is absorbed.
- Pre heat the oven to 220 degrees celsius.
- Wash the carrots and give them a light scrub with a vegetable brush.
- Cut into 3 cm thick rounds and then cut them in half down the middle.
- Place in a roasting dish with the oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast the carrots for approximately half an hour, checking them and removing them once soft on the inside and beginning to brown.
- Add the coriander and carrots to the cooked quinoa and stir to combine.
- Taste and season.