- 1kg purple carrots (Ettrick Gardens)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pesto -see recipe below
· ½ cup of nuts -I like walnuts or almonds (suggested vendor Ettrick Gardens for walnuts)
- 1 ½ cups fresh herbs like parsley, basil, or coriander (suggested vendors Janefield Hydroponics or Stonehurst Mushrooms)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (Dunford Grove)
- ½ clove of fresh garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
garnish -hemp seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place carrots in the sink and cover with cold water. Scrub with a vegetable brush.
- Place the cleaned carrots in the baking dish and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour 10mins.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Toss with the pesto, plate, top with hemp seeds and serve immediately.
Vegan Pesto: Add all ingredients all to the food processor and blitz to the desired consistency. I like to use the pulse function for a rougher chop. Place in a jar in the fridge.