- Place the onion, oil, garlic and salt into a saucepan on a low heat.
- Cut the stalks off the basil leaves and finely slice. Add to the pan.
- Cook until soft.
- Once soft and translucent, add in the tomatoes, olives, the remaining basil (finely sliced), the black pepper and the chilli flakes.
- Cook out for 5 minutes, until beginning to thicken.
- Pour into a small baking dish and add in the block of tempeh, cover with the sauce.
- Bake in a 180-degree celsius oven, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Serving suggestion: Serve alongside some crusty bread, nut and seed loaf, or your favourite cooked grain.